To help prevent childhood drowning deaths in and around the home:
- NEVER leave a baby alone in a bathtub even for a second. Always keep baby in arm's reach.
- NEVER leave young children alone or with young siblings in a bathtub even if you are using a bath seat or ring. Children can drown quickly and silently.
- Keep the toilet lid down, and keep young children out of the bathroom when unsupervised. Consider placing a latch on the bathroom door out of reach of young children.
- Be sure all containers that contain liquids are emptied immediately after use. Do not leave empty containers in yards or around the house where they may accumulate water and attract young children.
- Always secure the safety cover on your spa or hot tub.
- Learn CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) - it can be a lifesaver.