Guardianship Forms

Below is a listing of and links to blank forms that are necessary in filing for Guardianship.They are separated into two categories:

Required Forms or Situational Forms
The forms listed under "Required Forms" MUST be submitted in order for your filing to be accepted by the Court.   The forms listed under "Situational Forms" should only be filed if your circumstances match those described.
All forms are provided in Microsoft Word (.doc) format. If you do not own Microsoft Word or the Microsoft Office Suite, you may want to consider downloading Open Office, free of charge, from the

If you are not able to determine which forms you need to file , please review the Guardianship Instruction Packet, visit the Family Court Resource Center in your County, or consider contacting an attorney. ALL Pro Se litigants are encouraged to review the Guardianship Instruction Packet while preparing their filing.

Required Forms

Required Form Prior to Mediation or First Court Appearance

Situational Forms

(Please review all forms and scenarios)

  • Affidavit of Unknown Address (Form 241)
    This form should be filed if you do now know where the Respondent(s) live
  • Consent Order - Guardian of the Person (Form 124)
    File this document only if you and the REspondent(s) have already agreed upon how the guardianship should be arranged
  • Affidavit of Non-Military Service (Form 405)
    This form should be filed if you know that the Respondent is NOT in the military service of the United States of America and ONLY if the Respondent has not filed an answer or otherwise entered an appearance with the Court by the day of your hearing
  • Affidavit of Consent of Child 14 Years of Age or Older (Form 201)
    This form should be filed when the child you are seeking guardianship of is 14 years of age or older
  • Affidavit of Consent of a Child's Parent - Guardianship (Form 202)
    • This form should be filed if one or both of the child's parents agree that you should be granted guardianship
    • Each parent must complete their own Affidavit of Consent
  • Order of Reference (Form 209)
    To be completed only if the Court orders you to have a Social Study and Report completed as part of your Guardianship pleading
  • Waiver of Rights under the Servicemembers' Civil Relief Act (Form 420)
    • File this form only if the Respondent is in the military
    • If the Respondent does not file an Answer or Affidavit of Appearance, you must have the Respondent(s) sign the form
    • If you are unable to reach the Respondent to obtain any of these documents, you must file a Motion to Appoint and Attorney (see Motion Packet)