Minor Name Change Forms

Below is a listing of links to blank forms that are necessary in filing for a Minor Name Change. They are separated into two categories:

Required Forms or Situational Forms
The forms listed under "Required Forms" MUST be submitted in order for your filing to be accepted by the Court.   The forms listed under "Situational Forms" should only be filed if your circumstances match those described.
All forms are provided in Microsoft Word (.doc) format. If you do not own Microsoft Word or the Microsoft Office Suite, you may want to consider downloading Open Office, free of charge, from the www.openoffice.org.

If you are not able to determine which forms you need to file , please review the Minor Name Change FAQ and the Minor Name Change Instruction Packet, visit the Family Court Resource Center in your County, or consider contacting an attorney. ALL Pro Se litigants are encouraged to review the Minor Name Change Instruction Packet while preparing their filing.

Required Forms

A certified copy of the child’s birth certificate will be necessary and can be filed with the petition.

Situational Forms

(Please review all forms and scenarios)