You should use Answer to Petition for Divorce/Annulment Instruction Packet if you would like to file an answer in response to a Petition for Divorce/Annulment filed by your spouse. Do not use this packet if you are filing an initial Petition for Divorce/Annulment.
Below are links to the forms that are described in the Answer Packet. Fill out and file the forms listed below. Do NOT file the forms in the Instruction Packet. The forms in the Instruction Packet are simply to help you understand how to fill out the real forms below. Read the instructions and sample forms in the Instruction Packet carefully BEFORE completing each form below.
Several of the following forms may be filled in online and then printed to be filed. If you do not fill out the forms on the computer, write neatly in blue or black ink.
- Answer to Petition for Divorce/Annulment (Form 448)
- Affidavit of Children's Rights (Form 279)
File this form if both the Petitioner and Respondent have a child or children who are under the age of 18.
- Affidavit of Appearance (Form 406)
- Stipulation to Incorporate Separation Agreement (Form 443)
File this form if you have a separation agreement and you want the Court to be able to enforce the separation agreement.
- Waiver of Rights Under the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (Form 420)
- File this form only if the Respondent is in the military.
- If the Respondent does not file an Answer or Affidavit of Appearance, you must have the Respondent(s) sign the form.
- If you are unable to reach the Respondent to obtain any of these documents, you must file a Motion to Appoint an Attorney (see Motion Packet).
- Ancillary Financial Disclosure Report (Form 465)
- Complete this if you've requested any ancillary matters as part of your petition.
- This form must be initiated by the individual who requested the ancillary matters, not necessarily the person who filed for the original petition.
- If both the Petitioner and Respondent requested ancillary matters, the person who filed the original petition will be responsible for initiating this form.
- Affidavit of Mailing (Form 850)
This form should be completed by the Petitioner in the Ancillary matters once the Ancillary Financial Disclosure Report is mailed to the Respondent.
- Form of Order – Ancillary Financial Disclosure Report (Form 449)
Do not file this form until the Court directs you to do so.