Delaware State Courts
   home | feedback 
Delaware State Courts.  The Official Website of the Delaware Judiciary
Delaware State Courts

 Family Court Home

 Citizen Help Home

 Standby  Guardianship Overview

 Instruction Packetpdf icon


Below is a listing of and links to blank forms that are necessary in filing for Standby Guardianship. 
They are separated into two (2) categories:
The forms listed under "Required Forms"
MUST be submitted in order for your filing
to be accepted by the Court.
The forms listed under "Situational Forms"
should only be filed if your circumstances
match those described.
OpenOffice logo
All forms are provided in Microsoft Word (.doc) format.  If you do not own Microsoft Word or the Microsoft Office Suite,
you may want to consider downloading Open Office, free of charge, from the

IF you are not able to determine which forms you need to file, please review the STANDBY GUARDIANSHIP INSTRUCTION PACKET, visit the Family Court Resource Center in your County, or consider contacting an attorney.  ALL Pro Se litigants are encouraged to review the STANDBY GUARDIANSHIP MODIFICATION INSTRUCTION PACKET while preparing their filing.

» Petition Standby Guardianship (Form 126S)
» Custody Separate Statement (Form 346)
» Information Sheet (Form 240)
SITUATIONAL FORMS (Please review all forms and scenarios):
» Affidavit of Unknown Address (Form 241)
  This form should be filed if you do not know where the Respondent(s) live
» Affidavit of Non-Military Service (Form 405)
  This form should be filed if you know that the Respondent is NOT in the military service of the United States of America and ONLY if the Respondent has not filed an answer or otherwise entered an appearance with the Court by the day of your hearing
» Affidavit of Consent of a Child's Parent to Appointment of Standby Guardian (form 265)
· This form should be filed if one or both of the child's parents agree that you should be appointed as standby guardian
· Each parent must complete their own Affidavit of Consent
» Waiver of Rights under the Servicemembers' Civil Relief Act (Form 420)
· File this form only if the Respondent is in the military
· If the Respondent does not file an Answer or Affidavit of Appearance, you must have the Respondent(s) sign the form
· If you are unable to reach the Respondent to obtain any of these documents, you must file a Motion to Appoint and Attorney (see Motion Packet)