Some statistics for Fiscal Year 2007 include:
- 68 deaths or near deaths were sent to the Commission for review. 88 cases were reviewed by the child death panels (some cases were from FY06).
- 110 Fetal and Infant deaths were referred to CDNDSC. Of those, 14 were not appropriate per the statutory mandate and 7 cases were reviewed by the FIMR case review teams during the period of April to June. And 5 of the 110 deaths were reviewed by the child death panels.
- 14 case reviews involved child deaths or near deaths related to abuse and/or neglect.
- 1 case was reviewed jointly with the Domestic Violence Coordinating Council’s Fatal Incident Review Team.
- All recommendations from the various Fiscal Years will be included in the public annual reports.