Each year the Superior Court's President Judge issues a State of the Court or Annual Message. The current President Judge is Jan R. Jurden.
Superior Court First Facts
- In 2013, Superior Court rated #1 overall for the ninth consecutive year in the State Liability Systems Study of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce/Harris Poll. View Report
- On October 6, 2003, Superior Court was the first state court in the nation to require statewide electronic filing of certain categories of civil cases.
- On July 28, 2000, Superior Court was the first state court to adopt a rule allowing briefs and appendices to be filed on CD-ROM.
- In 1999, Superior Court began to use its Wilmington, Delaware eCourtroom, purported to be the nation's first actively used eCourtroom.
- In 1999, Superior Court began to use its Automated Sentencing Order Program. The application issues sentence orders almost simultaneously with judge's pronouncement.
- Begun in 1994, Superior Court had the first statewide Drug Court in the nation.
- In 1991, Superior Court created CLAD the first electronic docketing & filing system for civil cases in the U.S.