Delaware State Courts
   home | feedback 
Delaware State Courts.  The Official Website of the Delaware Judiciary
Delaware State Courts



For Attorneys

For Providers

Accredited Activities



CLE Transcript


E-mail CCLE Email the Board
Commission on Continuing Legal Education: CLE Transcript FAQs

To link to the Rules, please click here.

Do I have to return this Transcript form?

Reporting year is based on admission date. If this is your reporting year, you will have to certify your transcript or make any changes. An email will go out January 21 with information on how to certify your transcript online, or make necessary changes. Certification is due by March 1. If this is not your reporting year, the transcript is for your information only and you need not certify the transcript. You can send changes.

Rule 55.1—Need only certify what primary jurisdiction and MCLE requirements (if any) have been met.

Why aren't credits I earned showing up on the Transcript?

That depends on the credits.

If you attended courses in November or December of the current year, the provider may not have had time to submit your credits to the Commission before the form was sent (providers have 45 days after the end of courses to submit attendance lists). Add the credits to your script and we will confirm the credits you add upon receipt of the provider's information.

If video replay credits, self-study credits or in-house program credits are missing, check to make sure you haven't earned your maximum limit in these categories . The upper right side of the form should list "Credits required." Divide this number by two to determine the maximum limit of credits allowed in categories such as monitored video replay ("V"), in-house programs (I), or self-study (S and SA). Divide this number by four to determine the maximum limit of credits allowed in audio-only self-study (SA). If you have reached this limit and you add more credits in these categories, they will not be accepted unless you are replacing credits in a particular category with Enhanced Ethics credits in that category.

If the program was a national seminar or local to another jurisdiction, the provider may not have sought approval. Check the program catalog at If the program was not approved through the provider's initiative, you must apply using Form 4 in order to obtain credit.

Credit for teaching, publication, bar examination work, professional work and pro bono is assigned only upon application to the Commission. Visit our forms page to download the appropriate form for completion and submission to the Commission; in the future, please remember to apply as soon as possible after completion of the activity or, preferably, submit the form through the online process at

I reviewed my Transcript and I see that I haven't met my requirement! What do I do?

You have two options for completing a make-up plan. You may either complete the requirement during the months of January or February (before you certify the Transcript on or before March 1) and list the recently completed credits on the filed Transcript; we consider this a completed make-up plan. Alternatively, you can certify the Transcript on or before March 1 showing a deficiency, but you must forward a make-up plan. This plan may be in a letter format or using Form 14, but it must list specific coursework you plan to take before April 30 to complete the deficiency. After completing the credits, you will have to file a letter or Form 15 to notify the Commission that you have completed the credit requirement for the applicable reporting period. Either way, you must certify the Transcript on or before March 1 to avoid late fees.

I reviewed my Transcript and it says I haven't met my requirement, but I DID! What do I do?

Make changes before certifying the form. You will be contacted in writing if there is a problem with anything you add. If you are certain that the programs you attended were approved for Delaware credit, you might also want to alert the provider's representative of the problem in case the records need to be corrected on their end.

I'm just a few credits short on Enhanced Ethics. What can I do to finish those quickly?

There are many options available. A complete list of courses taking place in January which offer Enhanced Ethics credit is available on this site. There are options available in online seminars, telephone seminars, monitored video replays and live programs, so most people should be able to complete the Enhanced Ethics requirement before the Transcript form is due to be certified on March 1. Please remember there are limitations to the number of credits which may be earned through monitored video replay and self-study.

My Transcript says I'm compliant. Do I need to do anything else?

If this is your reporting year, YES! You must certify the Transcript form to the Commission no later than March 1 or you will be assessed late fees, regardless of whether or not you have completed the credits in a timely manner. We do not consider the Transcript to be accurate until the attorney has verified and submitted the certified Transcript as evidence of compliance.

I reviewed the Transcript and remembered I have to send in application forms. Can I do that now?

Yes, but please do it as soon as possible. Due to the high volume of materials requiring review during the review and certification time period, you probably will not receive a response to the application(s) until after the March 1 reporting deadline. If you require approval of the application(s) in order to meet your recent compliance obligation, you must also submit a make-up plan in the event that the credit is not approved. If you do not need the credit to meet the recent deadline, you may be required to file an amendment to the Transcript after approval. If your application requires Commission review, it must be received in time to be placed on the agenda. In the future, please apply as soon as possible after the activity in order to receive a timely response: allow at least one month for review of most applications.

I can't find the Transcript form you sent me. Can I use an old one or the online version or send in something else?

Your transcript is available online.

Photo of notepad
CLE Transcript

Commission on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of Delaware
Carvel State Office Building
820 North French Street, 11th Floor
Wilmington, DE 19801-3545
(302) 577-7040